Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Australia Vacations

Australia Vacations

I have a wish list of destinations I would like to go to and Australia is high on that list. I like the idea of the country being a large island, where there are lots of animals and plant life only found there and no where else. Australia Vacations for me conjures up images of lively cities, fascinating countryside, superb beaches and friendly people. The only problem I might have is coping with the heat in the interior regions. Christmas would be a good time for Australia Vacations just to see how weird it feels to eat Christmas dinner under the blazing sun.

Sydney is an obvious choice to visit. The Harbor with its distinctive Opera House is famous all over the world, and is always used to promote Australia Vacations. I'd like to do the climb on the Sydney Harbor bridge. There's some quiet beach and coves along the Bondi Beach, where I could work on my tan and drink a few tinnies. The Chinatown area looks pretty good too.

Melbourne is another city I'd like to see. A lot of Brits, me included, are hooked on the Neighbors soap opera which is filmed in the city. Infact, I think that Neighbors is more popular in Britain than it is in Australia. We have watched the soap for twenty years and Australia Vacations would not be complete without going on the coach tour to Ramsey Street. This is a real cul de sac street, albeit with a different name, where they do all the exteriors. There's also some more cultural attractions in the city! There's an aquarium and an old gaol that you can visit. The National Gallery of Victoria has a respected art collection and the Melbourne Museum houses an excellent natural history exhibit.

I would also like to explore the Gold Coast with its great beaches and golf courses. There are also Winery Tours here. The other major city I'd see is Perth. The Botanic Gardens have hundreds of examples of Australian plant life. I'd also visit Shark Bay which has a beach, marina and nature reserve.

My trip would have to involve going into the outback and seeing the heart of the country. Ayers Rock would be amazing and no Australia Vacations should be without a trip to Alice Springs. There is so much to see there, including kangaroos, bats and ostriches if you're lucky! I was surprised to learn that there are many museums here. There is one dedicated to the history of the Royal Flying Doctor Service, an Aviation Museum and a Museum for Pioneering Women. You can also visit the Reptile Center, the Aboriginal Culture Center and ride a camel!

For more on Australia Vacations or on any vacation destinations click here Australia Vacations



No comments: